Listed here are Gulf Coast Maps with many tools that can be easily incorporated into classroom lessons.
- WETMAAP-Introduces educators and students to wetland mapping, digital databases, and GIS technology. Learn about wetland habitats' functions and values, and include it in your curricula.
- North American Environmental Atlas- This site is intended for use by both environmental scientists and the citizens of the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Its maps and services are designed to help the public visualize environmental topics at a continental scale.
- National Atlas-Maps of America are what you'll find and make on nationalatlas.gov™. Maps of innovation and vision that illustrate our changing Nation. Maps that capture and depict the patterns, conditions, and trends of American life.
- US Census Bureau: Quick Facts-Quick, easy access to facts about people, business, and geography.
- USGS Map-It-Users will fill out a form that takes longitude/latitude pairs as input and plots them on a Mercator projection map along with land/sea and political boundaries.
- Map Symbols- Learn all about the symbols used for maps. Or download free symbols for creating your own maps!
- Map Cruzin- MapCruzin.com is an independent firm specializing in the publication of educational and research resources. These GIS software tools, programs and resources come from a variety of U.S. government and private sources.
- Fin Talk-Marine charts for all regions of coastline. Pull maps up for every single region from Florida west coast to the Texas Gulf Coast. These electronic maps are provided by MapTech.com and the mapserver also features topo maps for you land lovers out there.
- Gulf of Mexico Foundation: Gulf Maps- Offering five fine Gulf Coast maps. Showing GIS, real-time, and more!
- National Geographic MapMachine- Satellite, street maps and more in their online atlas!
- NOAA Trajectory Maps-Mapping the Deepwater Horizon Incident in the Gulf of Mexico.
- New York Times: Tracking the Oil Spill-Mapping the Deepwater Horizon Incident in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Alabama Maps-This web site is divided into three sections: the Contemporary Map Index, the Historical Map Archive, and the Aerial Photography Index.
- Interactive Map-This one-stop travel tool allows visitors to search for a variety of outdoor landmarks, trails and adventure locations. Hunting areas, public fishing lakes, handicap hunting trails, birding locations and wildlife preserves are highlighted in the new map.
- Rivers of Alabama- Outdoor Alabama offers maps available for teachers and general public.
- Benthic Habitat Maps of the Florida Keys-It contains 32 full-color plates showing the distribution of benthic habitats in the Florida Keys, accompanied by descriptions of bottom habitats.Benthic habitats are places on or near the sea floor where aquatic organisms live.
- Louisiana Katrina Flood Recovery Maps- These Katrina Recovery Maps are intended to help state and local officials, as well as homeowners, to identify existing and increased flood hazards caused by Hurricane Katrina and other storms that have struck this region in the last 25 years, and to use this information during recovery and redevelopment to avoid future flood damages.
- Louisiana State Museum Map Database-The Louisiana State Museum’s cartographic holdings, comprised of original works as well as photostat, photographic and facsimile reproductions, are dated 1525 to the present. Other works depict the Mississippi River and her delta, other Louisiana waterways, the Battle of New Orleans and the Civil War, the Gulf of Mexico, the circum-Caribbean region, as well as Canada and South America.
- Mapping at the MARIS Technical Center-The Interactive Map Server is a collection of themes (layers) of the State of Mississippi, where you can interactively select themes for viewing. You can also pan, zoom in, and zoom out of the displayed map.
- Geologic Map of Mississippi-Geologically, the state of Mississippi is dominated by the Mississippi Embayment—not the Mississippi River. This is a deep trough or thin spot in the North American continent where a new ocean tried to form once upon a time, cracking the crustal plate and leaving it weakened ever since.
- Texas Environmental Profiles- Create printable maps of environmental and geographic data. The on-line mapping system has been grouped into the following three themes: water quantity & quality, land & wildlife & biodiversity, and air, energy & waste.